Monday, January 28, 2019

Mesh Tips



After my experience with Mesh I wanted to post a few tips to help others with their Mesh journey.

My Mesh guide is simply the way I did everything and it is only for people to follow. You don't have to do things the same way, it's just what worked for me and hopefully it may work for you.

Let’s start with the base, it is what you wear all of the time regardless of body or head, it's your shape, skin, eyes and brows and it will be what you use to build your Mesh look on.

I made a demo folder, I purchased demos from everywhere. I had demo heads, bodies, head skin appliers as well as body skin appliers, eye demos, hair demos, makeup demos, anything and everything that I could think of all went in that folder.

I made copies of my base which  went into my demo folder also then I demo'ed bodies before choosing the right one for me.

Next I demo'ed heads and mixed and matched head skin appliers, if they were the same brand such as Lelutka or Catwa.

The head of your shape will look distorted as you tweak it to adapt to your new head.

Keep a complete copy of your shape numbers on a notecard.


Don’t delete your demos, they are good to refer back to, add to them if you want, demos are great to play around with for different ideas.

When you have tweaked the shape to adjust to your head and body keep a copy of your heads numbers as well.

Your heads numbers will be different to your original shape, make copies and tweak it until you like it.

Heads and bodies are not modifiable but most shapes are and how you change that shape will result in your final look.

Bodies vary from Maitreya to Belleza so pick the one that suits you.

Heads vary too, when you decide on your head, lets say that it's LAQ, this is how it would go:

LAQ Head and Head Skin.

LAQ Body Skin.

LAQ Hud.

LAQ Makeup.

Only use appliers that are suitable for your body and for your head. 

When people think of Mesh they usually just think of Mesh, not the basics that it’s built on and all those basics make up our classic avatar.

Good luck with your creations and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Skully

**A cute little outfit that I put together for Halloween** ~Enjoy~ My Halloween Look  Morir Hair with Skull Piece from Tameless Goth Girl Dr...