Sunday, August 11, 2019

Organising Your Inventory




When it comes to Second Life Inventories, everyone has their own way of dealing with day to day clutter, while others leave everything as it is, in the hope that it will go away … it won’t.

I have always been fastidious about my inventory and like my real life there is a place for everything and everything is in it’s place, some people call this being organised and some see it as OCD, in my situation it may be a bit of both, I don’t know.

Whatever the case may be, I am blogging this to share a few of my inventory tips, maybe you are new to SL and your’e looking for ideas or you’ve been around the block a few times and you are reading this out of pure boredom, want to learn more? Read on …

By now I have about 17,000 elements in my inventory, this is not just clothes, it is folders and calling cards, landmarks, notecards etc, anything and everything that you can think of that you have accumulated over your time in SL is a part of your inventory.



Okay, so what to do? First thing on the list is to clean out your inventory, which means EVERYTHING that you do not use goes in the trash, I make a temporary trash folder and dump all of my unwanted items in there and sort it out later.

Second on my list is boxes, you may have a bunch of classic skins that you don’t want to give up or your old system hair or clothes, then create a box, using your edit window, and throw all of your pre loved bits and pieces in there, you can name the box anything that you want, you can even give it a colour and you can leave it in your inventory as one object.

Third on my list is sub folders, you can also make these yourself, you then categorise them, let’s say it is a folder for your clothes, I choose to place them into categories according to their brand name and make sub folders for those brands, for example: Fashionnatic, Adorsy, Quinnty’s and so on, I have sub folders for clothes, hair, shoes, even landmarks and notecards, everything is accounted for.

Fourth on my list is upkeep, this means that once you have your inventory sorted out the way that you want it, the idea is to check it every month or two, set aside some time, and go over any new items that you have bought, most clothes folders contain landmarks, notecards and some things that you may not use and if you don’t use it then trash it, simple. 

Fifth on my list is for you to do things in a way that suits you, this is only a guideline that worked for me and maybe people can get some ideas from it, or reading this simply killed a bit of time while you had a coffee break, who knows? Either way, I had a lot of fun writing it.


Have a happy SL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Skully

**A cute little outfit that I put together for Halloween** ~Enjoy~ My Halloween Look  Morir Hair with Skull Piece from Tameless Goth Girl Dr...